World Backup Day offers a chance to acknowledge the increasing role that data plays in our lives and the importance of regular backups to protect our precious data. This independent initiative is meant to raise awareness about backups and data preservation in an increasingly digital world. We would like to motivate you to back up your crucial data with increased frequency and attentiveness, not only today, but year-round!
Don’t be an April Fool—protect yourself from data disasters!
Losing files is more common than you’d think. Almost everybody has had experiences where they have lost digital data when a computer crashed, a cell phone or tablet was lost, data became corrupted or was destroyed by a virus. One small accident or failure can destroy all the important stuff you and your business care about. Data loss can happen at any time, and usually occurs when least expected.
The truth is in the stats:
- 30% of people have never backed up their files
- 113 phones are lost or stolen every minute
- 29% of disasters are caused by accidents
- 1 in 10 computers are infected with viruses each month
- 67% of data loss in business is caused by hacking
- Leading causes of data loss:
- 44% Hardware or System Malfunctions
- 32% Human Error
- 14% Software Corruption
- 7% Computer Viruses
- 3% Natural Disasters
The Impact of Data Loss on Business
Don’t doubt the importance of data to business—it’s vital to the health of a company. Any company that suffers from a computer disaster, or doesn’t have a proper backup plan is approximately 80% likely to shut down within a year. The 43% that manage to survive never fully recover and more than 50% suffering from computer failure end up shutting down within five years.
Data Protection: A Mission-Critical Business Objective
While it has become second nature for most businesses to back up their data, there is still a significant number of organizations that don’t have formal backup plan or infrastructure. This lack of data protection can be attributed to a variety of factors, such as insufficient funds, shortage of manpower or simply a lack of knowledge. A good backup plan is continuous and includes multiple layers to not only recover your data, but also includes steps for data preservation.
Synetra provides optimal solutions for reliable data protection and recovery. We can help ensure that your organization’s operations are never threatened by data loss and that your IT costs are managed efficiently.
Synetra Business Protect provides technical, strategic, operational and financial benefits by centralizing the backup and recovery of all your systems—including application and file servers, databases, email servers, workstations, desktops and laptop—throughout your organization. Benefits include:
- Easy backup, easy restore: The backup process can be performed from a single machine, saving valuable time and productivity.
- Controlled costs: Only pay for your total storage volume, so your plan scales seamlessly to fit your data storage needs.
- One complete solution: You will not pay for equipment, additional insurance, media, upgrades, patches to install, or software—there are no hidden costs.
- Offsite storage: Your backup data is only useful if it is truly protected from disasters.
- Increased compliance: Synetra offsite backup helps to achieve compliance and future-proof your data protection.
Be prepared. Evaluate your back up plan today.