System Engineer – Level I
The Systems Engineer’s primary responsibility is to provide first level support to Synetra clients while maintaining a high level of customer service and up to date technical knowledge. Additionally this position will perform routine network systems maintenance and work items ranging from desktop support to routine network administration.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Accept cases from the support queue
- Create support cases
- Handle incoming support calls in a timely and courteous manner
- Remotely assist clients with support needs
- Clearly communicate status on problems as well as resolution
- Exceed SLA guarantees to Synetra clients
- Update the customer on case status at frequent intervals
- Clearly document all tasks
- Maintain high customer satisfaction
Computer Repair and Maintenance
- Virus/Malware issues
- Network scanning/printers
- Desktop application and operating system management
– Installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting
- Network connectivity
- Smartphone management
– Active sync
– Blackberry enterprise
— Server setup
— New user setup
– iPhone, iPad, Android systems
- End user email management- Email bounce back troubleshooting
– Postini services
- User management
– Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange
— Add Move Change
— Network file permissions
— Create distribution lists
– Management of customer backup software
– Backup exec
– NT Backup
– Restore file
- Minimum one year relevant experience working as an outside support resource or two years relevant experience working as an internal support resource
- Two-year degree, or active pursuit of a two-year degree
- MCP certification in desktop Operating System software required within the first three months of employment.
- CompTIA certifications are a plus
- Basic understanding of networking principles:
– Client Server networking
— the Internet- Switching
- Basic knowledge of CAT5 wiring
- Basic knowledge of wireless security and wireless client configuration
- Entry level knowledge of Active Directory
– Ability to perform basic user account administration
- Basic understanding of network firewalling/security technology
- General knowledge of server maintenance tasks:
– Backup software monitoring and troubleshooting
– Disk defragmentation
– Event log review
– Hardware monitoring tool review
- Corporate antivirus software experience. Symantec Endpoint Protection preferred
- Spyware removal experience
- Troubleshooting fundamentals
– Ability to break problems down and use a logical process of elimination
- Firm understanding of desktop hardware
– Ability to diagnose hardware problems.
– Familiarity with desktop hardware diagnostic tools
– Understanding of RAID
- Solid understanding of mobile device configurations and support
- Ability to follow complex detailed instructions to accomplish more complex tasks. Example: Desktop Deployment Guide
- Case closure volume
- Time & escalation
- Teamwork and mentoring
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Ethics – Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, and upholds organizational values.
- Communications – Expresses thoughts clearly in written form, articulates verbal thoughts understandably, demonstrates active listening skills, comprehends information heard, uses appropriate communication methods, and keeps others informed.
- Conflict Resolution – Maintains calm under pressure, encourages respectful dialogue, confronts difficult situations without bias, acts within realistic timeframe for resolution, and resolves conflicts through fair negotiation.
- Consistency – Follows through as promised, confirms people know each other’s expectations, arrives to and completes meetings on time, meets with direct reports in-person regularly, and changes decisions rarely.
- Cost Consciousness – Saves money without lowering quality of service, performs within approved budget, conserves company and customer resources, develops profitable new revenue streams, and identifies new ways to lower costs.
- Teamwork – Contributes to a positive team effort, balances team and individual responsibilities, listens attentively and openly to others’ views, gives and sincerely accepts feedback, helps the team stay focused on key objectives, resolves team conflict before it escalates, and places the team’s success above own interests.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.