Senior Project Engineer
The Senior Project Engineer is responsible for general project activities and typically works on complex problems of diverse scope and complexity. The qualified candidate uses experience to install and implement solutions.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop solid working relationships with client team members.
- Execute on written project deliverables with little direction from practice and project management.
- Further develop new technical skills by proactively seeking to expand knowledge and skills through use of books, manuals, and other materials and vendor certification exams.
- Assists with coaching/mentoring of junior staff.
- Demonstrate professional conduct/presence at client at all times.
- Demonstrate solid understanding of service offerings and ability to communicate value to clients.
- Resolve service tickets that have been escalated from Service Department
- Typical project roles include:
– Technical team lead on small, medium, and large projects
– Consultant duties as assigned
– Architecture and design collaboration
– Formulating Bill of Materials
– Documenting tasks and costs for PMO
- The Project Engineer must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Must have one, preferably two, of the following skill sets (and experience with most):
– Expert with implementation and administration of Cisco Unified Call Manager version 10.x or 11.x, Unity Connection, Presence/Jabber, IP Phone, Voice Gateway Deployment, Expressway MRA, TelePresence Endpoint, TelePresence Conductor, VCS, WebEx Messenger and WebEx Meetings
– Expert in TCP/IP fundamentals, Cisco IOS, general network troubleshooting
– Expert with Data Center switching, virtualization and servers
– Expert with Advanced Routing and Switching protocols for LAN and WAN application
– Expert with Cisco Unified Mobility Architecture, specifically with WCS, NCS, WLCs, and LWAPP applications
– Expert SAN implementation, specifically with EMC, NetApp, and/or PURE Storage Products
– Expert with Security Products including but not limited to ASA Firewalls, ACS, ISE, Ironport, PaloAlto, IPS, and web filtering
- Must be Self-Managed, organized, and structured
At least one of the following:
- CCNP – Voice
- CCNP – Security
- CCNP – Route/Switch
- EMC Technical Architect
- VCP 5 or VCP 6
- Citrix Certified
- MCSE 2008+
- CCIE (a plus)
Bachelors Degree preferred in related discipline.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.